1. La Merie Publishing provides biopharmaceutical R&D information and market research services and supplies online business information including periodicals, database subscription, technical and market reports, analyses, forecasts and related information via its website www.pipelinereview.com.
2. Unless otherwise indicated, this legal agreement in English language only covers your use of all or part of our products and services and represents the full legal agreement between us. La Merie Publishing reserves the reight to change this policy at any time and without notice. Any changes to this policy will be posted on the websites of La Merie Publishing as deemed necessary.
3. This agreement as of May 17, 2012 will be interpreted in accordance with German law.
4. La Merie Publishing provides R&D and market research services covering commercial sectors, technology and products, clinical practices, developments and trends, sales, business outlook, competitors, surveys, commercial insights, risk assessments and related areas. All biopharmaceutical R&D and market research services provided by La Merie Publishing are subject to specific legal agreements.
5. Reports supplied by La Merie Publishing are made available in several formats including pdf, CD ROM (pdf) or printed hardcopy. For convenience and unless otherwise requested, reports are dispatched free of cost to purchasers as pdf email attachments. CD ROM and printed hardcopy dispatches incur additional charges.
6. Reports available through La Merie Publishing are generally supplied within 24 hours of the receipt of an order during business days, however, in some cases reports may be supplied within 72 hours of the receipt of an order. If reports cannot be dispatched within 72 hours, customers will be notified of this in advance. In practice, most reports are dispatched by email within two hours of purchase. Customers should allow 14 days for the delivery of CD ROM or printed hardcopy dispatches.
7. Reports can be ordered using our secure online ordering system. Purchasers may also request a proforma invoice. Alternatively, purchases may be made by direct transfer, using the banking details provided below. Unless otherwise indicated in a La Merie Publishing product quotation or invoice, an order cannot be fulfilled until we have received payment.
Deutsche Kreditbank AG Taubenstrasse 7-9 10117 Berlin Germany
Account Name: La Merie Publishing - Ulrich Martin SWIFT Code: BYLADEM1001 IBAN number: DE66 12030000 1014123275
Enterprise Details Registered Office Mittelstrasse 11 70180 Stuttgart Germany International VAT No : DE280949276 8. The reproduction or redistribution of reports purchased from or supplied by La Merie Publishing is strictly prohibited.
9. Unless otherwise indicated, all information on the La Merie Publishing website (www.pipelinereview.com) is copyrighted to La Merie Publishing. 10. Reports supplied by La Merie Publishing are subject to specific user-licence conditions. A “Single User Licence” allows a customer to have access to a purchased report, however this report may not be distributed to any other person, company or organisation. A “Departmental User or Site Licence” allows a customer to have access to a purchased report, however this report may be distributed to any colleague who is employed within the same company department or Site of the individual who placed the order for the report. A “Global Licence” allows a customer to have access to a purchased report, however this report may also be distributed to any colleagues, departments or Sites within the purchasing company, globally.
11. La Merie Publishing is a German business and all purchase transactions are carried out in EURO. Our costing systems provides for up-to-date currency conversion and US$, UK Pound Sterling (£) and other currency equivalent pricing's are displayed for each report. All German orders are subject to VAT at the prevailing rate, however companies outside of Germany, but resident within the European Union are exempt from paying VAT, but are required to supply their valid VAT details (Company name and international VAT number) with any purchase. All countries outside of the European Union are exempt from paying VAT.
12. As information in the form of reports is used by purchasers as soon as reports are received, La Merie Publishing cannot give refunds for orders once they have been dispatched. Proof of dispatch (e.g. the email dispatch record) by La Merie Publishing is taken as evidence of dispatch by La Merie Publishing and it is incumbent on all customers to notify La Merie Publishing if they have not received an ordered report within 72 hours of placing the order. In the unlikely event that a report is not received by the customer, the order will be re-sent. La Merie Publishing cannot accept returned products once they have been delivered to the customers (i.e. once the email and report attachment has been sent).
13. In most cases, La Merie Publishing does not accept the cancellation of an order once the order has been received. However, any cancellation requests are considered on an individual basis.
14. The information contained in reports supplied by La Merie Publishing contain the opinions, views and conclusions of the author(s) and publisher. Whilst the information continued in reports supplied by La Merie Publishing is believed to be accurate at the time of publication, La Merie Publishing accepts no liability for the information contained herein, nor for its completeness in any respect. La Merie Publishing accepts no liability for any decisions or actions that are taken, based on the content, views or conclusions contained in reports supplied. Neither La Merie Publishing, nor any of its suppliers of third-party content, are liable in any way, directly or indirectly, for any loss or damage caused by the use of reports or information supplied by La Merie Publishing.
Warranties and Disclaimers
Information found in the La Merie Publishing websites, products or databases (“information”) is provided "as is" without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose or noninfringement. La Merie Publishing assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in this information which are referenced by or linked to this information, whether or not the content originated with La Merie Publishing. La Merie Publishing shall not be liable for any special, incidental or consequential damages, including, without limitation, lost revenues, lost profits or loss of prospective economic advantage, resulting from the use or misuse of La Merie Publishing's information. By using La Merie Publishing's information, you expressly agree to this limitation of liability. La Merie Publishing has made a reasonable effort to supply complete and accurate information, but does not assume liability for errors or omissions, including any errors and omissions of its clients and non-La Merie Publishing content originators. The documents and graphics published herein may include technical inaccuracies or typographical errors or may have become "out of date" subsequent to their original date of publication. Changes are periodically added to the information herein. La Merie Publishing may make improvements and/or changes in the product(s) and/or the programs(s) at any time, without notice. The Information provided by La Merie Publishing does not imply any recommendation by La Merie Publishing of therapeutic use of the products mentioned. Furthermore, the mention of specific products, proprietary names or manufacturers does not imply any endorsement or recommendation by La Merie Publishing.
“La Merie” is a registered trademark of Ulrich Martin, the owner of La Merie Publishing. Materials including reports and access to databases sold under the trademark of La Merie Publishing are protected by copyright under international law. All rights are reserved.
Any products or databases that are made available by La Merie are the copyrighted work of La Merie Publishing and/or its suppliers, e.g. other Publishers. Use of any products, software or database is governed by the terms of the end User license agreement, if any, which accompanies it. Any reproduction or redistribution of the software or databases not in accordance with the license agreement is expressly prohibited.
Permitted and Prohibited Uses of Copyrighted Material
Liability for Content
Except as otherwise indicated elsewhere in this site, with respect to a particular portion, file or document, any person is hereby authorized to view, copy and print contents subject to the following conditions:
You may retrieve the contents for personal, informational, noncommercial purposes only.
You may save a local copy or send it to your printer for your own personal use.
You may not make modifications to the documents. You may not reproduce the data, graphics or documents, in whole or in part, in print or electronic format, for resale in any form or by any means.
You may not copy or post the data, graphics or documents, in whole or in part, on any computer network or broadcast them in any media.
You must include this copyright notice in any copy that you make. La Merie Publishing reserves the right to revoke such authorization at any time, and any such use shall be discontinued immediately upon written notice from La Merie Publishing or its legal representative.
The content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. La Merie Publishing does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site. Reliance on any information provided by La Merie Publishing appearing on the Site at the invitation of La Merie Publishing is solely at your own risk.
Liability for Use of Content
You must include this entire copyright notice in any copy or print that you make. You may not, under any circumstances, (1) make modifications to the documents, (2) reproduce any data, graphics or documents, in whole or in part, in print or electronic format, for resale in any form or by any means, (3) copy or post any data, graphics or documents, in whole or in part, on any computer network or broadcast them in any media. La Merie Publishing reserves the right to revoke this authorization at any time, and any such use shall be discontinued immediately, whether or not written notice from La Merie Publishing or its legal representative has been received. Information contained in the Site does not imply any recommendation by La Merie Publishing of therapeutic use of the products mentioned. Furthermore, the mention of specific products, proprietary names or manufacturers does not imply any endorsement or recommendation by La Merie Publishing.
La Merie Publishing assumes no responsibility for any decision taken by the User, as a result of the information contained on this Site.
Linking to Our Sites
La Merie Publishing encourages and appreciates links in other web pages to its websites. The linked sites are not under the control of La Merie Publishing and La Merie Publishing is not responsible for the contents of any linked site or any link contained in a linked site, or any changes or updates to such sites. La Merie Publishing provides these links only as a convenience, and the inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by La Merie Publishing of the site or its content.
Links to Third-Party Sites
Some links in the La Merie Publishing websites lead to external sites. The linked sites are not under the control of La Merie Publishing and La Merie Publishing is not responsible for the contents of any linked site or any link contained in a linked site, or any changes or updates to such sites. La Merie Publishing provides these links only as a convenience, and the inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by La Merie Publishing of the site or its content.
Liability for Technical Issues
La Merie Publishing has made a reasonable effort to supply complete and accurate information, but does not assume liability for errors or omissions, including any errors and omissions of its clients and non-La Merie Publishing content originators. The documents and graphics published herein may include technical inaccuracies or typographical errors or may have become "out of date" subsequent to their original date of publication. Changes are periodically added to the information herein. La Merie Publishing may make improvements and/or changes in the product(s) and/or the programs(s) at any time, without notice.
The User agrees to indemnify and hold La Merie Publishing harmless for any loss, damage (including loss of special, consequential, incidental and indirect damages) costs and expenses (including reasonable legal and professional fees) arising out of infringement of any provision of this legal notice of the Terms and Conditions. Regarding the User's surfing of the website, the User undertakes to faithfully abide by the recommendations of use La Merie Publishing may make at any time. For these purposes, La Merie Publishing shall notify the Users through the website by any means of communication.
Notice of Trademarks
La Merie's newsletter, journal, database and Internet/Intranet service names and logos are trademarks or registered trademarks of the the owner of La Merie Publishing. All other company and product names mentioned herein may be registered trademarks or trademarks of their respective owners.
It is possible that La Merie Publishing, in the ordinary course of its business, may receive revenue from manufacturers, distributors or other commercial enterprises that may be mentioned in the content included in the WWW server. La Merie Publishing makes every reasonable effort to comply with all disclosure requirements. However, La Merie Publishing assumes no liability, and cannot be responsible for ensuring that others who may appear in La Merie information have complied with all applicable disclosure requirements. By using La Merie Publishing's information, you expressly agree to this limitation of liability.
Governing Law and Venue
The present agreement shall be construed and interpreted in accordance with German law and governed by it, and the courts of Stuttgart, Germany, shall have exclusive jurisdiction, hereby renouncing recourse to any other law and/or jurisdiction otherwise applicable.
1. Collection and Registration of Personal Information
We sometimes request Users of the Site to provide personal information, e.g. when creating a customer account, during the purchase process, gaining access to FREE content or registering to receive any of the FREE newsletters published by La Merie Publishing. The information collected from a User is strictly voluntary and only obligatory when marked by by an asterisk (*) and may include contact information such as the User's name, e-mail address, phone number, postal address, city, country, organization, department. The submitting of personal, identifiable data on this website, via registration form or via fax, telephone or e-mail, is confidential and shall be included in our files, the exclusive owner of which is La Merie Publishing (Registered Office: Mittelstrasse 11; 70180 Stuttgart; Germany). Data files are generated automatically when the data were entered online into forms provided in La Merie Publishing websites or manually for fiscal reasons only when communicated by phone, fax, letter or e-mail to purchase a product or service of La Merie Publishing. The automatically generated files are intended for the management of the Users of this website. Moreover, the Users who registered for the FREE newsletters grant La Merie Publishing the right to send promotional information regarding the latest updates in the field of services and products provided by La Merie Publishing. This promotional communication shall be identified with the word Publicity at the beginning of each subject of the message sent via e-mail. In case the Users wish to stop receiving the aforementioned information, an e-mail sent to firstname.lastname@example.org at any time will suffice. The Users may also use the UNSUBSCRIBE button provided in each e-mail to automatically unsubscribe from receiving e-mails containg the FREE newsletters or promotional information.
In order to access certain content and to make use of the full functionality of the Site, we ask you to register and obtain a personal User Name and Password. You may be prompted to register when you:
Choose the "My account" link from the www.pipelinereview.com website
Create an account during the online purchase process
The information collected from the registration form that is presented to Users when they choose to register may include contact information, such as the User's name, e-mail address, postal address, organization, country and medical specialty ("Contact and Registration Information"). The Contact and Registration Information, such as the User Name and Password chosen by the User or the e-mail address, can only be retrieved by supplying the correct User Name and Password that is linked to that profile.
If you use a payment card to make a purchase through this site we will never see your credit / debit card details as these will be processed by a third-party: PayPal.
2. Rights of Access, Rectification, Cancellation or Opposition
You can exercise your right of access, rectification, cancellation, or opposition to the treatment of your personal details, under the terms and conditions anticipated by German law.
For your convenience, you can exercise the aforementioned rights by writing to La Merie Publishing, Registered Office: Mittelstrasse 11; 70180 Stuttgart; Germany (to the attention to of Managing Director or to our e-mail address: email@example.com ).
La Merie Publishing reserves the right to change this policy at any time without notice. Any changes to this policy will be posted on this web page, as deemed necessary.
3. How Personal Information is Used
We use the personal information that you provide for such purposes as:
Completion and support of the activity for which the information was provided, such as allowing access to our services or responding to your requests or inquiries;
Web site and system administration, such as for the technical support of the Site and its computer system, including processing computer account information, information used in the course of securing and maintaining the Site, and verification of Site activity by the Site or its agent;
Tailoring or customizing content or design of the Site during a single visit to the Site and individualized personalization of the Site on repeat visits;
Research and development to enhance, evaluate and improve the site and our services;
Pseudonymous analysis to create a profile used to determine the habits, interests or other characteristics of Users for purposes of research, analysis and anonymous reporting;
Communicating with the client about changes or updates to the site and our services and, with your consent, special registration offers, promotions or market research surveys; and
Sending promotional information of the latest updates among the services provided by La Merie Publishing.
4. Access and Changes to your Registration Information and Preferences
Registered Users may access their identified contact information and other Registration Information and correct any discrepancies or update information by clicking on the "Contact" link from our home page at any time. The accuracy of such information is solely the responsibility of the User.
5. User's consent
The submitting of details by way of this website's electronic forms or by e-mail messages, signifies the sender's consent for the automatic treatment of the data included in the means of communication indicated. This data will not be passed on to third parties without prior User's permission. The User guarantees that the personal details provided to La Merie Publishing are true and accepts responsibility for communicating to the latter any modification to the same.
Except for the fields in which the contrary is specifically indicated, the submitting of information required concerning personal details is voluntary in nature, with no reduction in the quality or quantity of the services you request being implied from the negation to provide said information. Failure to fill in the fields marked as obligatory, or the submitting of incorrect details, will make it impossible for La Merie Publishing to provide the client with the services they select, to process their request or to send them the requested information.
Moreover, the User agrees that his/her personal information may remain in the company files that make up part of La Merie Publishing. La Merie Publishing guarantees the confidentiality of this personal information and ensures that under no circumstances will it be ceded to other companies outside our company, just as it is specified in point 6.
6. Transfer of Personal Data
La Merie Publishing will never sell, rent or loan your email address to anyone without your advance permission or unless ordered by a court of law. Information submitted to us is only available to employees managing this information for purposes of contacting you or sending you emails based on your request for information and to contracted service providers for purposes of providing services relating to our communications with you.
La Merie Publishing will never sell, rent or loan the postal mailing addresses of customers or registered users to other companies.
You have the opportunity to opt-out of receiving communications from us. If you no longer wish to receive information from us please email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
7. Retention of Personal Information
We retain the personal information we collect from the client for as long as the information is relevant to our business purposes or until the client requests that we remove the data by contacting La Merie Publishing at the address detailed below.
The La Merie Publishing websites have cookies, which allow our system to register the User when he or she simply accesses the website. The cookies used cannot read data from your hard disk nor read cookie files created by third parties. The cookies used are harmless and are used to improve the User's surfing of the website. If you so wish, you can refuse all cookies by activating the corresponding menu option on your own browser.
9. Collection of Technical Information
Technical details in connection with visits of La Merie Publishing websites are logged by us for statistical purposes. No information is collected that could be used by us to identify website visitors. The technical details logged are confined to the following items:
The IP address of the visitor's web server
The top-level domain name used (for example: .com, .org, .net)
Click stream data which shows the traffic of visitors around this web site (for example pages accessed and documents downloaded)
The type of web browser used by the website visitor.
La Merie Publishing, and this includes the internet hosting company, will make no attempt to identify individual visitors from the technical details listed above, or to associate the technical details listed above with any individual. It is the strict policy not to disclose such technical information in respect of individual website visitors to any third party unless obliged to disclose such information by a rule of law. The technical information will be used only by La Merie Publishing and only for statistical and other administrative purposes.
10. Data Safety Measures
La Merie Publishing implemented the necessary organizational and technical safety measures to assure safety of your personal data and prevent their alteration, loss, manipulation or unauthorized access according to the state of the technology, the nature of the stored data and the risks to which they are exposed (human, nature, physical). La Merie Publishing continuosly is supervising, controlling and evaluating the processes to respect the privacy of your data.
In the case that a User of La Merie Publishing websites is a minor, his/her personal data may only be provided online after previous submission by certified mail of a duly signed written permission of his/her parents or legal guardian.
The present agreement between the Users and La Merie Publishing shall be construed and interpreted in accordance with German law and governed by it, and the courts of Stuttgart, Germany, shall have exclusive jurisdiction, hereby renouncing recourse to any other law and/or jurisdiction otherwise applicable.